Thursday, January 28, 2010

Why Mexico?

Mel finally left Honduras yesterday en route to the Dominican Republic, and from there he plans to continue on to Mexico where he will settle down and undoubtedly live a life of luxury. My question, and maybe my readers can help answer, is why Mexico? Why not Cuba or Venezuela? Wouldn't life on a Cuban collective be happier than a bourgeois life in Mexico City? Wouldn't the electrical outages in Caracas remind him of home in Honduras? Or maybe, just maybe, Mexico is where the business is with the narco-cartels...? Hmmm...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amiga. It could be worse. He could have followed the steps of many other deposed Honduran leaders... and ended up in New Orleans.

Rebekah said...

Hello! I love your blog especially your restaurant tips :) My husband is catracho and we are moving to Tegucigalpa in about two months. We lived there before for about a year and then came to Costa Rica. I have to say I prefer the culture and ambiance of Honduras! Just wondering if maybe you could recommend some good schools and things to do for young children!