Thursday, November 16, 2006

Going to Honduras!!!

Hey folks!! I'm going to Honduras on Nov. 18, returning to New Orleans on Nov. 27. The trip will be way too short, but I'm really excited. I'll see my wife and two babies (...um, I mean 'big boys') for the first time since early August. This is the hardest part of the transition for me...living without my family.

I will fly to San Pedro Sula because I was able to get the tickets for several hundred dollars less than going directly to Tegucigalpa. My family will pick me up at the airport and whisk me away to Tegucigalpa. There is so much to do and so little time. We will be picking out tiles, wood, stone for the house. Actually, I believe my wife has already done this and is only letting me see them as formality...or maybe just a courtesy! It really doesn't matter as we have very similiar tastes and her judgement in decorating (as in everything else) is impeccable.

I will see first hand the progress made on our house and will be sure to take zillions of pictures. I will also see the progress on our cafe to be. So far my wife has refused to email me any pictures of the cafe because she wants it to be a surprise. She has spent many long hours there meticulously overseeing every detail. She hired two full time gardeners and they have been planting flowers, fruit trees, clearing, cleaning, and pruning. I can't wait to see. I promise to post some pictures.

Puky and Coco (the two big boys) have Nov. 23-24 off from school for Thanksgiving. We will go to Tela for a mini-vacation. The beaches there are quite nice.

I'll leave from SPS on Monday, Nov. 27 to return to my dismal and lonely existence in post-Katrina New Orleans. Yes, I know, the kids will miss one day of school...

Upon my return, I will post reviews of the hotels, beaches and restaurants as viewed through my critical and unbiased (yeah, right!...) eyes.

In the meantime, I wish myself 'bon voyage!' or is it '!bien viaje!'...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great trip and I'm looking forward to some PICTURES!

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip! The weather has been miserable the past few days. I thought I was going to freeze to death last night. I left my window open and it rained and was very windy. I´m sure it will pass by the weekend. La Ceiba public schools were even cancelled today, and my school might be closed tomorrow.

tenga una viaje segura!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and intend to follow your experiences.